Friday, September 14, 2007

A Paradise gone to hell.



My StumbleUpon Page



A Paradise gone to hell

Gunmen struck the second time in three days in Rivers State and kidnapped a two and a half-year-old girl, Nuseyba Usman on Wednesday night from her home near Port Harcourt.
Already, the hoodlums have demanded a N5million ransom from the baby’s parents.

The little daughter of a staffer of Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), Mr. Anibasa Usman, was kidnapped at about 10.30pm by the gunmen who raided their NNPC Housing Estate residence at Aleto Eleme near the Rivers State capital.

It was gathered that the gunmen numbering about 10, raided several homes in the estate and made away with the girl and valuables of residents, including mobile phone sets, jewelry and cash.

The father of the girl, Mr. Usman, amidst suppressed sob said in an interview that he was surprised that the gunmen went away with his baby even though he gave them all they wanted.
"I am appealing to them because I was very very cooperative. They asked for everything they wanted and I gave them. They asked me to give them the phone, the money, I obeyed.

"I have no problem with anybody so, I am so surprised that they had to go and take a two and half-year-old girl that does not know anything."
A highly disturbed Usman passionately appealed to, "whosoever is concerned" to send back his daughter to him.

"I appeal to them. I know people are looking for ways to make money. I can understand that. I know the country is not easy but this is just a little baby. She is just in pre-nursery… we are all young men and I don’t think I have done any wrong to anybody to deserve that."
The grieving father said that the kidnappers were demanding N5million but he could not afford the amount.

Meanwhile, the 12 gunmen who abducted the cousin of the state chairman of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), Mr. Dimbara Dimkpa from his Woji residence in Port Harcourt last Monday night have scaled down their ransom to 2 million.
The IPMAN boss who said that the amount was beyond him, said they had initially demanded N12million.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They must all rip what they sowed, from Peter Odili to Ibori and Adedibu to Igbinedion-all of them must rot in hell for unleashing deranged lunatics on my beloved country. If EFCC does not catch them then the devil they worship will.